Coverage in Canada – Insurance Associates Agency Inc. Coverage in Canada |
[one-half] [hr-invisible-small /] 1 (800) 823 9643 | [/one-half] [one-half class="alignright" last] [social/] [/one-half]
Coverage in Canada

Coverage In Canada

Coverage in Canada is more complicated in an era of heightened security concerns.  Your auto insurance policy will cover the use of your vehicle on an excursion into any of the Canadian provinces.  Your policy BI-PD coverage will increase to the minimum Canadian limits of $100,000 per person, $300,000 per occurrence for Bodily Injury, and $100,000 for property damage even if you maintain lower limits of coverage on your auto policy in the United States.  This is known as liberalization.

If you are traveling in Canada and have an accident where damage or injuries occur you will find it important to provide an insurance card as proof of coverage of your limits of insurance on your current auto policy.  Some insurance companies will still issue an ID card that specifies the liberalization of your coverage to meet the requirements of the Canadian provinces.  As a best practice, if you plan to travel into Canada it would be a good idea to carry a Canadian Insurance ID card with you during the entire time you are in Canada.  This is all the more important in this era of heightened border security practices.

Contact us if you plan to travel to Canada.

Auto Insurance Topics