Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance
One of the unique differences that Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance must address is the fact that your business is performed away from your business premises and at home and business facilities that belong to others. This creates the challenge of assuring quality performance since often times the work is conducted outside of your immediate attention. This, in and of itself, creates a number of unique situations for loss or damage to occur or be alleged. In conducting just one job you and your employee are exposed to car accidents, damage to customer property, and injury to your employee.
Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance is crafted to your specific coverage needs by an expert local insurance agent. The goal is provide you great coverage and savings to benefit your bottom line and who doesn’t enjoy a few extra dollars in their pocket at the end of the day?
Coverage can be tailored to the needs of Maid Services, House Cleaning, Commercial Cleaning Services, and carpet floor cleaning services. I have experience working the requirements published by national cleaning franchise organizations and offer major national and regional carriers that provide a lot of value for the money. If you’re looking for new options and thinking on insurance for your cleaning business operation, you’ve come to the right place. I’m worth a phone call. I’m unique and ready to help you find the coverage you want and need at a price you can afford. Call Terry McCarthy at (513) 779-7920 and start a conversation about insuring your cleaning business with the coverage you need so you can concentrate on serving your customers and their needs.
Get A Comparison Quote
CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE
What’s included in Cleaning & Janitorial Insurance?
Our Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance packages are tailored for the needs of the well run and operated cleaning service. The Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance can be as easy and simple as a single coverage part providing comprehensive general liability insurance covering a single location. However, the typical Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance program is a package of several coverage parts but must include general liability in combination with business personal property, building and improvements insurance, equipment breakdown, and commercial auto coverage parts in one combination or another. At the minimum, commercial general liability coverage for cleaning services and janitorial businesses provides protection against the claims that arise from your operations including bodily injuries, damage to property, and product and completed operations claims arising from your operations as well as the products you use. This coverage can cover single or multiple locations and can include valuable property away from your primary premises when such equipment is temporarily located at premises you serve.
It is important to get coverage right and make sure expectations are set up properly. Let me give you just one example of a loss that occurred for a current cleaning client. One of the business employees was cleaning the dining room table that had a large piece of tempered glass cut to the shape of the table. It was an expensive piece of glass, about $2,000. The owner alleges that the cleaning employee scratched the glass with the diamond in one of her rings and scored the glass that required replacement. Without proper endorsement the standard policy would exclude loss on this glass. Properly endorsed to modify the care, custody and control provisions in the policy (CCC), the loss was covered after a reasonable deductible. Knowing what you need means knowing a lot and knowing the right agent and that he has experience in these areas will save a lot more than just premium: It will give you peace of mind! It may save a customer relationship too!
Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance Programs We’re Offering?
Residential Cleaning Services
Exterior Power Washing Services
Window Cleaning Services (low rise only)
Carpet and Floor Cleaning
Commercial Building Cleaning
Institutional Cleaning Services
How much does CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Cost?
Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance is highly influenced by the number of employees, number of locations, and the total payroll amounts. When you own your building it makes sense to include coverage for the building with any personal property that you require under a package policy. Our minimum premium begins at $550 but only small 1 person businesses can easily fit inside this price.
What’s covered in CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE?
Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance
The commercial package policies (CPP) are flexible and can include a variety of coverage parts built into one policy including liability, property, and other coverage. What follows is a general description of the most important coverage options.
Commercial General Liability
Commercial General Liability (CGL) protects your business from bodily injuries to people and property damage you become responsible to pay due to negligence arising out of the operation of your cleaning and janitorial business. If your business requires, we may also add coverage to the CGL portion of your policy for the following:
- Cyber Liability is a newer form of protection that address the exposure of your computer and data management systems to malevolent attack, breach or corruption where personal information of guests and employees may have been compromised.
- Employment practices liability insurance is also a newer form of protection that responds to allegations of illegal employment practices brought as complaints and lawsuits by disgruntled employees who content your business has or is engaging in unfair employment practices.
- In Ohio, Employers Stop Gap Liability Insurance is an important coverage due to the monopolistic insurance law of the State.
- Employee Benefits liability may be needed to protect against the potential losses that may arise from mismanaging an employee benefit coverage or benefit.
Building, Equipment, and Business Personal Property
While liability is your largest potential loss, there can be no doubt that your investment in physical facilities is a substantial and failure to properly insure your property exposes the business to financial failure if coverage is not properly configured and if important adjutant protections are not included.
Buildings are all the constructed structures that make up your offices and shop. Equipment usually means all permanently installed devices like elevators, compressors, security and alarm equipment and equipment used to service your property. Your business personal property includes all furnishings, electronics, décor items, flooring and the other movable equipment used in the service of your property and facilities. You should insure at 100% of the cost to replace these items and you should have an accurate inventory of equipment and apparatus. The following are additional property coverage that you should consider including on your coverage:
- Equipment Breakdown specifically insures the types of losses that are not covered in the general property coverage such as mechanical breakdown, electrical arcing, and similar.
- Computer Equipment is a special area of property coverage that has become a more important area of protection. It deals specifically with computer and data coverage issues.
- Crime and Employee Dishonesty is a critical area of concern for hospitality businesses. You cannot predict which employees will be dishonest or when you will be victimized in a robbery. Crime of theft and employee dishonesty can delivery hard blows to the delicate financial structure of your business so crime and dishonesty coverage is generally advised.
- Utility interruption insurance coverage extends to protect against prolonged interruption of power and utilities like water. It will compensate for the costs of accommodating guests who can no longer use your facilities.
- Business Interruption coverage is (we believe) an essential addition to your property coverage. It provides a continuation of income in the event your hotel must be closed while repairs are made for a loss to the building that we cover and lost income or diminished income may be able to pay for up to one year following the loss.
Inland Marine and Special Property
(See IM Section for more Details)
Mobile equipment and property that leaves the building is best covered with an inland marine endorsement that is designed for equipment that may float to where you actually do your work, like for example, vacuum cleanings and buffing equipment that is taken to a local or business or home where you perform your services. Certain equipment that is mobile in nature and leaves the business premises will find the broad coverage of the inland marine policy endorsement is best method of insurance for this type of property.
Cleaning & Janitorial Services Insurance programs often include an Umbrella liability policy as an additional limit of liability coverage because of the liability risk involved and the potential for large liability claims. An Umbrella policy protects for damages that exceed primary policies and sometimes losses that were not covered in the primary policies but were not excluded by the language of the umbrella policy. Most carriers offer an umbrella policy to cover over underlying policies they also write. It is good to know what is and isn’t covered by the Umbrella so make sure to ask.
Crime and Fidelity
- Employee Theft
- Crime Inside
- Crime Outside
- Forgery and Alteration
While you are busy operating and managing your cleaning business, insurance for your cleaning and janitorial business can be on guard for the loss of money through theft, robbery or burglary, or the dishonesty of an employee. These are losses that can cripple a business and tailoring the needs for crime and fidelity coverage can be done within the Commercial Package Policy for hotel and motel business needs.
(See business Auto Section for Details)
When you operate owned autos as a part of your hotel or motel business, it is important to insure the vehicles with liability protection just like the premises and operations. The business auto coverage is dealt with in great detail in the business auto section. Follow the link to this section for my information.
Other coverage you may have a need for include Guest relocation expense coverage, You may also elect to purchase Innkeepers Liability for losses to the guest property in excess of any legal liability.
We are a source of insurance for well managed and well maintained hospitality properties that are modern and where a pride of ownership is evident. Our carriers provide several risk management services to aid you in managing your risk to loss and the carriers may be able to provide other advice on how to better operate your facilities to accomplish better overall results.
Cleaning & Janitorial Services Bond
We have janitorial bonds available. The typical fidelity and employee dishonesty coverage packaged with many package insurance policies will cover an employee from a theft committed by an employee. However, in the typical cleaning & janitorial services business, the employer needs coverage to extend to theft from the property of the customers of the cleaning business. This requires a special janitorial services bond designed for this additional risk and exposure.
There are two kinds of bonds for cleaning businesses. One form requires that the employee be accused, prosecuted and convicted of the theft for coverage to apply. A more liberal bond coverage exists. We also offer coverage under a bond that doesn’t necessarily require the employee to be prosecuted or convicted of the theft. This coverage is more expensive because it provides a greater degree of protection to the cleaning & janitorial services business. See the bond section for more information about these special bond forms. Click on Janitorial Service Bond to be taken to our bond information page.
Insurance for Ohio Hotels – What Influences Cost?
- Geographic location – rates are earned by areas
- Known hazards and risks of the area of the property
- Structure size and number of structures
- Proximity of structures to each other
- Number of Units in Development
- Building Age, Condition, and Maintenance
- Electrical Equipment and its updates to code
- Adjacent property risks like a restaurant
- Experience of the ownership and management
- Claims history of the business
- Types of services provided, ie. floor waxing
- Coverage type from choices available
- Amount of Coverage chosen
- Percentage of Replacement Cost Insured
- What are the fire safety features
- Does the property have a sprinkler system
- entrances equipped for control of access
- Installed burglar and fire alarms in units
- Proximity to fire department and hydrants
- Experience of the management
We Offer CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE in the Following Areas:
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Butler County
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Clermont County
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Hamilton County
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Warren County
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Greene County
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Clinton County
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Preble County
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Montgomery County
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Cincinnati
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Dayton
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Ohio
- CLEANING & JANITORIAL SERVICES INSURANCE Michigan
Professional Advice and Agency Service
Quality coverage begins with understanding your needs and the extent of your operation and the risk that is inherent. I have almost four decades of experience working with business owners and have insured hundreds of millions of dollars of property and insured business doing millions of dollars in revenue per year. Cleaning & Janitorial Services insurance is a competitive product so if you’re looking to help trim expenses at your property check with me for new ideas on how to insure efficiently and at the least possible cost. When it comes to business insurance, I have considerable experience working with management organizations and owners of individual locations. I understand the need for thorough insurance and professional service and advice. This agency represents quality carriers that have the ability to provide the coverage your needs whether or not it is ultimately provided inside of a Business Owner Policy or our more flexible Commercial Package Policy (CPP) option. Call and ask for Terry McCarthy at (513) 779-7920, 9-5 Monday – Friday most days. We’re available to meet at most any time with an appointment in advance.