Bicycle Store Insurance can be provided on our broad Business Owner Policy (BOP) coverage form. The Bicycle Store Insurance BOP policy language has been carefully written to provide comprehensive insurance for owners veterinary and animal clinic businesses including those with multiple locations. We know that our Bicycle Store Insurance will be an excellent policy choice for your needs. Our BOP bicycle business coverage is ideal for the variety of property and liability exposures inherent in the products you sell and services you provide.
Bicycle Store Insurance needs are similar to many other businesses. We include effective liability and property coverage as a start and weave into the coverage framework the other various coverage parts that you need for your bicycle business operations. Our BOP coverage is thorough and when it is up and running and protecting you, our Bicycle Store Insurance package is providing a shield of protection for property and liability and the intangibles of being in the bicycle business. We can write Bicycle Store Insurance on either a single locations or multiple location basis.
Bicycle Store Insurance under our business owner package policy is designed for most bicycle businesses. The Bicycle Store Insurance policy we write for retail bicycle businesses will typically include the following coverage and options when selected. Basic general liability and property insurance is included automatically:
Bicycle Store Insurance – Liability
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage, Premises Liability
- Limits available up to $2,000,000/$4,000,000
- Personal Injury and Advertising Liability Coverage
- Coverage on your premises or wherever you do your work
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- Fellow Employee Coverage
- Host Liquor Liability
- Non-owned Watercraft
- Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability
- Products and Completed Operations Liability
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Ohio Stop Gap Liability Insurance
- Cyber Insurance – Data Breach, Cyber Extortion
- Electronic Data Liability Coverage
Liability insurance protects against the tort of negligence in the Bicycle Store Insurance policy. The tort of negligence is a breach of duty that is derived from common law principles that have evolved through decades and even centuries of recorded decisions about our relationships with one another including Bicycle Store Insurance clients. A duty is an obligation we owe to someone else. In essence, we owe each other the duty to protect them from the consequences of our actions and when someone is hurt or suffers harm to either body, property, or reputation. In our culture we boil down our grievances to a money damages settlement in most cases. In the case of the liability coverage provided in our Bicycle Store Insurance policy, we will pay for the benefit of a legal defense against the claims of injury or damage and we will also pay the amounts that become due to another because a finding of your negligence has been agreed upon. Agreements occur through legal proceedings or an agreement accomplished through the negotiations of your insurance carrier and the other people involved in the claim. This includes bodily injury and property damage as a result of events on the premises, through acts on and away from the work facilities, injuries caused by products, advertising injury, personal injuries other than bodily injury, hired and non-owned auto liability, and injury or damage caused due to computer intrusion and compromise when coverage is chosen.
Property for Retail Bicycle Businesses
- Owned Buildings including multiple locations
- Business Personal Property used to perform your work
- Computers and Electronic Records including media
- Building Limit Automatic Increase at the Time of Loss
- Valuable Papers and Records
- Accounts Receivable Coverage
- Computer Coverage and Cyber Crime
- Outdoor Signs—Attached and Detached
- Building Ordinance and Law Coverage
- Off-Premises Coverage for Business Personal Property
- Property in Transit when properly endorsed
- Earthquake Coverage (Some carriers)
- Loss of Rents, Business Income, including Extra Expense Coverage
- Coverage For Water Back-up
- Equipment Breakdown & Electrical Disturbance
Our Bicycle Store Insurance package policies are a combination of property and liability coverage. You do not need to own the building but at the least we must include the business personal property, stock and fixtures along with liability coverage. If you own the business the BOP policy expects this to be included too. The reason it doesn’t make sense to separate the coverage is because of the credits we build in for bundling many typically purchased coverages into the policy at the outset. The Bicycle Store Insurance policy provides a lot of coverage in a tidy package and it is flexible enough to handle several locations and variety of situations for building, business personal property, computer and cyber-crime needs, signs, coverage on or off premises, loss of business income, and break down of critical building mechanical systems that may alter your ability to operate.
Inland Marine and Special Property
(See IM Section for more Details)
Inland Marine coverage is especially designed for mobile equipment and property that leaves the insured premises/location. If you take property to a client location like a laptop or other devices you use in the field, the IM coverage provides great protection for this mobile property.
Bicycle Store Insurance often includes an Umbrella liability policy as an additional limit of liability protection because of the potential for large liability claims can occur. Think of an Umbrella policy as an extension of the underlying liability policy limits. What isn’t covered in the primary policies may also be picked up in the Umbrella policy when the cause of loss is not specifically excluded. Most carriers writing the primary Bicycle Store Insurance policy will also write an Umbrella over their underlying policies. It is good to know what is and isn’t covered by the Umbrella so make sure to ask.
Crime, Surety & Fidelity Bonds
- Employee Theft
- Crime Inside
- Crime Outside
- Surety Bonds
While you are busy operating and managing your business, your Bicycle Store Insurance can be on guard for the loss of money through theft, robbery or burglary, or the dishonesty of an employee. These are losses that can cripple a business and tailoring the needs for crime, surety and fidelity coverage can be done within the Business Owner Policy but may be better handled on a separate policy.
(See business Auto Section for Details)
If you maintain and operate your own business autos, trucks and trailers, you will need a separate business auto insurance policy that can be coordinated with your Bicycle Store Insurance policy. If you rely on the vehicles owned by your employees for delivery or business errands, you will need employer’s non-ownership coverage. You should purchase liability protection in limits similar to those you carry on premises and operations coverage. We cover non-owned auto liability with an endorsement to your Bicycle Store Insurance policy when you don’t otherwise own or operate business autos.
The business auto coverage is dealt with in general detail in the business auto section. Follow the link to this section for my information.
Professional Advice and Agency Service
Quality coverage begins with understanding your needs and the extent of your operation. Our claims and underwriter resources have plenty of experience in insuring and providing benefits to bicycle businesses and their owners. Moreover, I have 37 years of experience working with business owners and have insured hundreds of millions of dollars of property through the years along for hundreds and thousands of businesses. Bicycle Store Insurance is a specialty coverage product and while our products are competitive and priced right, it wise to work with an agent with experience so you get the best coverage and best rates. I have considerable experience working with small business owners.
This agency represents quality carriers that have the ability to provide the coverage your business needs whether or not it is ultimately provided inside of our Business Owner Policy or our more flexible Commercial Package Policy (CPP) option. Call and ask for Terry McCarthy at (513) 779-7920, 9-5 Monday – Friday most days. We’re available to meet at most any time with an appointment in advance.
Business Owner Policy Topics
- Business Owners Insurance Quotes
- Apartment Building Insurance
- Barber Shop Insurance
- Beauty Salon Insurance
- Bicycle Store Insurance
- Butcher Shop Insurance
- Camera Store Business Insurance
- Car Wash Insurance
- Computer Retail Store Insurance
- Condo Association Insurance
- Dental Laboratory Insurance
- Dental Office Business Insurance
- Electrical Supply Wholesalers Insurance
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Food Distributor Insurance
- Furniture Store Insurance
- Grocery Store Insurance
- Hardware Store Insurance
- Hobby Shop Business Insurance
- Home Improvement Store Insurance
- Hotel-Motel Insurance
- HVAC Distributor Business Insurance
- Insurance for Supermarket Businesses
- Medical Office Business Insurance
- Office Business Insurance
- Optical Goods Store Business Insurance
- Pharmaceutical Distributor Insurance
- Pharmacy Business Insurance
- Pizza Shop Business Insurance
- Plumbing Supply Distributor Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Retail Business Insurance
- Sandwich Shop Business Insurance
- Self Storage Business Insurance
- Software Business Insurance
- Veterinary Business Insurance
- Wholesalers & Distributors Insurance